Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday

Menu Planning!

It's really not hard to do ladies! Every Sunday night, (sometimes earlier if my Sunday is going to be hectic) I sit and browse through some recipes and plan my meals for the following week. By Friday, I try to have scored on my local deals for meats, produce,etc so I know what I have on hand for next week's meals.
*
*
I know of many moms that do Monday shopping so that will work too. I subscribe to a few different recipe blogs and star items in my Google Reader as I come across them to come back to in the future, which is GREAT for me! I get WAY too distracted and am very forgetful. :o)
*
*
I also enjoy browsing through recipe websites and add different ones to my recipe box as I come across them. Some of my faves are:
All Recipes
Food Network
RecipeZarr
Taste of Home
Kraft Foods
Cooking Light
Kayln's Kitchen
A Year of Crockpotting
Eat Better America
Rachael Ray
Tammy's Recipes
Cooks.com
Betty Crocker

Okay and those are just a few. The internet is MY FRIEND! :o) But I'm sure there are lots of you who have your favorite cookbooks, gluten free, low carb or low fat diets so whatever yours best sources are, USE THEM!
*
*
Another great idea is to recipe swap with friends. My best friend and I both put our menus on our Google calendar which we share with each other with links as to where we find the recipes and I can't tell you how many times I've duplicated her dinners! LOL
*
*
*
It's great when you are in a cooking rut to seek out your friends' menus too so encourage them today to get MENU PLANNING with you! You can organize a monthly Ladies Night swapping menus and recipes while hanging out! It's FUN!
*
*
You will see what a time saver this will be for you and my husband loves when I post the weekly menu on the fridge for him to anticipate what'll be served when he gets home. And don't worry, it's flexible if you are. Lord knows that with my crazy pregnancy cravings, I go astray sometimes from the menu. :o) But it DOES save time and definitely saves money too!





No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online